Friday, February 29, 2008

Translation

Upon reflection, I can see with clarity, just how last night came about....


First, for the OR. Hubs had a small issue that needed to be taken care of, which delayed his arrival home from the expected 8:00 to about 10:30.  I already knew he would be late because of a meeting, but sometimes things come up and hubs is busy caring for others.

The science project was very well managed by said 10 year old until about 8:00.  That was when I discovered a few misinterpretations had overtaken the project and we had some revising to do.  No matter how much you prepare, something unexpected always comes up, and a project takes longer than you planned!  Right?  I must re-emphasize that projects have to be finished at least 1 weekend before the due date - just in case of the unexpected.

In addition to the project debacle, I had one 3rd grade program to attend (which was the best ever, by the way).  One basketball practice to skip.  One 6th grader who was not feeling well and who also needed some homework help.  Plus one wild and crazy 6 year old who needed supervising.

And, wouldn't you know, I chose this week to discontinue my large consumption of Diet Coke!  That is the absolute culprit.  I wasn't able to indulge in the medicating bubbles brought on by the ingestion of a few DC's a day.

I am sure the lack of chocolate also contributed to my personal issues.  But, by about 9:30 when child #2 was off to bed saying, "Mom, I really appreciate you helping me with my project".  What else was there to say but how much I loved him and how proud of him I am....

...and then I headed off to make my beloved bowl of popcorn, which always brings life back to this exhausted Mama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just call me a friend that dosen't require edits. That is my new favorite title. I know you love friendship categories....so maybe Uneditedship should be included. I could become The Unabridged CLW. Loving AmyLou's keeping it real mantra.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it--I only have 2 to shuffle and one does not even have homework yet! I don't feel stressed but as soon as I get around all the madness of the kids, I start to be cranky. I certainly could not do it without multiple diet cokes a day! That is the BEST thing about having a restaurant--free fountain diet cokes and margaritas whenever I want.

We have little league opening day this weekend and Jeff is president and Jake's is taking over the concession stand this year, so needless to say...we are a bit CRAZED. I am looking forward to Sunday when I can sit in church for a few minutes and NOT think about baseball or softball until I have to take Suzy to her game at 12:30pm and Matthew to practice from 2-6pm. Ahhhhh....spring! :-)

You don't have to post this since it should probably be in an email but I just found myself typing and typing...

Anonymous said...

I feel you pain for the loss of DC!!!!! Keeping it real!