Monday, February 11, 2008

A Stumper

It's been quite a day at the house today. You see, I did 3 loads of laundry, planned a Valentines party, and spent the rest of the day watching this:

Once the kids were home, it was off to choir practice and 3 scout meetings, with dinner in the middle. Here we are at 9:45 pm tackling a tough math problem. Brooks and his mathematician dad are contemplating the real answer.... Maybe you would like to try it, too?

Ron made cookies for the fair. His sister made candy. Four cookies were packaged together, and 6 pieces of candy were packaged together. There were 6 more packages of cookies than packages of candy.
Write an expression for the number of packages of cookies, using p as a variable.

How may cookies and pieces of candy were taken to the bake sale?

We'll take all answers till tomorrow night and Brooks will tell us how we did.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sassy, the most frustrated of them all. All this talk of cookies and none in sight. Just send her my way.

Anonymous said...

This is what I get for boycotting "blogs" for a week. I come back to yours and not only am I way behind...you have resorted to MATH! Can I just say yuck! I am only half kidding but I do like Sassy's look in the picture. That would be my reaction to math!!