Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One Small Fact

It's rainy today with the possibility of snow tonight, so I am hunkered down for the rest of the day. I've already been to pick up Girl Scout cookies and a I made a trip to Walmart. I'm sure few would believe this small trivial fact, but I did not set foot in one single Walmart until I was a freshman in college. Nope, never. They just weren't convenient in Houston (in fact, I can't think of the location of one single Walmart back then). We occasionally went to Target - but it was inconvenient, too. I'm telling you - I was a big city girl - and I went to big city stores! Evidently.


Nevertheless, once college began and I found myself in the armpit of America (Waco, TX), I began regular trecks to Wally World. I go now only when I absolutely have too. The lines are always long and quite frankly, I find it dangerous at night! I would drive to Target (a mere 20 minutes) any given day, but I always spend quite a sum when there and I am trying to cut back.

I will admit that Walmart does have the very best selection of Blue Bell ice cream and they carry the bread for Pizza Stuff. We are having Pizza Stuff for dinner. It is Reed's absolute favorite and he has been begging me to make it for him. I may just include the recipe in a post this week. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.