Friday, February 8, 2008

The Mystery is Solved

Presenting one of my oldest friends - Sharalynn!

Yesterday's baby doll shot was taken at Baylor University during our Freshman year. My roommates' stuff is in the background. You may have noticed the familiar face of Amy Grant just past her right shoulder. Here's another great pic. She was greeting us on a Saturday morning. Yes, those are my nostrils on the left.
The baby get-up was just one of the many, many funny things she has done over the past 25 years. We've been friends since 6th grade. I watched the "Who Shot J.R." episode of Dallas at her house. I also saw The Exorcist at her house. We scared ourselves silly (her parents were out), so we holed up in the kitchen eating angel food cake and homemade chocolate sauce. Her mom is a great cook. My recipe of the week is from their kitchen.

I remember spending the night at her house and waking up because Sharalyn was doing flips over me (and she had a broken arm/greenstick - whatever that is). She was and still is the queen of nicknames - I have at least 5 names that were bestowed upon me in various circumstances by said picture subject. Sharalyn is good at getting into a bind. It started in high school - the nights when her parents would leave and she would sneak the car out (pre-driver's license). One night they (Sharalyn and accomplice who shall remain nameless) took out the little truck and went to Kroger. When they came out, the keys were in the truck and the doors were locked. Can you believe she overcame that obstacle and made it home undetected?
Here she is on a high school ski trip. Gotta love the shades!















Sharalynn changed the spelling of her name when she got married. It matched the new last name better - Sharalynn Fenn. Now how many of you knew that piece of trivia? When we were at Baylor, she spent quite bit of time in our dorm room. At one point, I was discussing the need to tone my legs. My drill team days were over and I was eating rather than exercising. My boyfriend at the time recommended that I try doing 100 deep knee bends every night and surely that would do the trick. Well, I took his advice, and 100 bends later I could barely walk. The next day was even worse. This was a pain I hadn't experienced before. Sharalynn thought it was absolutely the funniest thing. In fact, she began to doubt that the pain was real. So I dared her to take the deep knee bend advice. It was real - finally she believed me - she was in pain for days.

I really do love my friend Sharalynn. I'm not ridiculing her. I'm just stating the facts. She is the funniest, wittiest, and craziest friend that I have. But you see, I owed her one. A big one - and now we're even.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it was Sharalynn in the picture, just had no idea who the character was. Did not know about the name change. Very scared about what you might reveal about other friends in the future.

Anonymous said...

So sorry - I wasn't clear - I used "character" as in who the silly person was. Several of you thought it was the character on the shirt I was looking for. I do not have plans to showcase other friends. This was a one-time only deal. So no worries for you!

Andrea