Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm Lost!

I started East of Eden by John Steinbeck this weekend. My mom and one of my best friends recommended it in the past few months, so I braced myself and dove right in. Can I just tell you that it is beautifully written and I am having a hard time putting it down? I don't know why, but I expected it to be written in difficult language - with long, detailed sentences - the kind of writing where you should turn the book upside down, read backwards and then try to figure out what the author was saying (kind of like my Wuthering Heights experience). I can tell it is going to be a wrenching story and I hope there are some bright spots, but I cannot find enough reasons to sit down in my reading chair and take it all in - all at once. So, pardon me if I don't update you on my day-to-day life....


If I miss a day or two, just picture me right here. Most certainly I'll be lost in the words of John Steinbeck!
p.s. Yes, those are tags on my chair. They delivered it damaged and I am waiting on the replacement....

No comments: