Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day


Every year we celebrate Valentines Day with our children. It's a fun tradition we started when we moved to Tennessee. It's not the same every year but dinner always involves candles and chocolate. I want them to know that Valentine's Day isn't just about a romantic relationship. It's a fun day to tell your friends and family how much you love them!


Tonight we are having an easier dinner (because I will be gone all day)- with china, candles and music. Who says the entree' has to be fancy - just serve it well and it all goes down better, right!? I will be presenting spaghetti and meatballs, spinach salad, and hot buttery bread. For dessert? Chocolate covered cherry ice cream pie with homemade hot fudge sauce. Yumminess in a bowl!

To my four:
- I loved my Valentine greeting in unison this morning! What a surprise!
- I love your Mardi Gras bands on your braces.
- I love that you all missed your sister when she was camping last weekend.
- I loved the "good luck" exchange before the baseball scrimmage last Sunday.
- I love to watch you play Guitar Hero with your dad.
- I love to play "April Fools" jokes on you.
- I love to make hot tea for you in the morning.
- I love kissing your cheeks when you are waking up in the morning.
- I love taking you to Marble Slab.
- I love watching movies with you over a bowl of hot popcorn!
- I love that you are willing to try new foods - even chocolate cream of wheat
- I love riding to the lake on our bikes.
- I love my future Polar Bearologist.
- I love my future Indianapolis Colt.
- I love my future doctor.
- I love my future American Idol/ Architect.

You light up my life and make me smile everyday!

No comments: