Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's True

Ok, it is true. In response to comments on the last post, I do wear lipstick to the gym. and a baseball cap. but no other makeup. oh, and I usually put on deoderant.


LCW and I recently purchased lifting gloves. Our hugemongous friends were concerned that we would get callouses on our hands. as if we are going to be lifting everyday. don't think so! but we look like we know what we are doing!

About the squats. Gerald does comment on my squatting abilities. I am so proud. I have mastered the art of one exercise. Now, if I could just bench press more than 5 pounds or do more than 5 push-ups.

Have I mentioned that Gerald is 63? I guessed he was 53. Can you imagine his pleasure when he revealed that I was 10 years off? He is a professional body builder/former school teacher in town... and personal trainer to 2 moms who are determined to beat the sag brought on by life through 4 decades.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Left out a few details...the motivation for getting the gloves was lunch at the Thai place next door... you asked a 63-year-old man if he waxes himself...and we forgot to praise your abs of steel.

Anonymous said...

I've been going to the gym faithfully six days a week for six months and have somehow managed to gain weight! I hate forty.