Thursday, March 13, 2008

Androliday

Guess what happened 39 years ago at 4:30 a.m... In Hillsdale, NJ, at Hackensack Hospital, yours truly entered the world.

Here I am! What do you think?


I now have 365 days until I lose my status as thirtysomething. I have to say that it will be hard to bid farewell to this decade. After all, some great things have happened in the past 10 years. Plus, when I was in college, my favorite tv show was "Thirtysomething" - partly because the 30's seemed so far away. How can I be older than most of the professional athletes?

Well, it's gonna happen, so I might as well grin and bear it!



I'm trying to smile, can't you tell?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to 39 for the first time!!!!!!! Lets squat here for awhile...what do you say???? When you made those pics was LCW's cider involved? Tell the truth!!!!
Have a Happy Day! Looks like it warmed up in Tenn just for you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the self-portraits.....this is going to be a fun year full of things you would never do when you're 40. Please let me watch and mock.

Anonymous said...

YOU are goofy. We all got a good laugh today - thanks! Looks like you're enjoying this big day so far!

Anonymous said...

Thirty-nine is a milestone!! Fortunately, it is up to you how long you stay there. Some of us stay there for a long time. Looks like you are having fun on this great day. I am sure you brought lots of joy to your mom and dad on that great day thirty-nine years ago!! It is a good thing we have parents. Who else could love a face like that!!

ack- said...

My friend - I ALWAYS think of your birthday when I turn the calendar to MARCH...can't believe this is your thirtysomething swan song!

I know you will make the most of it this year...you are my friend who really knows how to get the fun out of life!

btw - Noah was looking over my shoulder at your pics. Question: "Is she happy, silly, or a bad guy?" (eveyone is a "good guy" or a "bad guy" when you're 3, ya know!)
I think my hysterical laughter at what I was seeing on my computer was answer enough to his question!!!
blessings!