Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stating the Obvious, or Not

How often do you notice something about someone - maybe it's new - maybe it's not. Should you say something, or should you just go on pretending that everything is just as it has always been?

I'm not really talking about spinach in your friend's teeth or an errant zipper that needs to be "xyz pdq'd" (examine your zipper pretty darn quick). You absolutely should comment and save that soul from embarrassing themselves in front of who knows how many that day. Nor am I talking about wondering whether an aquaintance is expecting a baby, or if they have gained a bit of weight around the middle. Surely we all know by now that we should never ask about a due date until it has been announced personally by the one with the larger middle.

With that being said, when you see a friend or a "frainquence" (a friend that is really more on the side of an acquaintance) - not to be confused with a frenemy (that would be a friend that treats you like an enemy) - you should comment when said friend who used to look like this....


suddenly appears looking like this:

Otherwise you will look like this:
as you try to carry on a normal conversation, suffering through an abrupt halt in your line of thought as you try to ignore the monkey in the room.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came to your blog this evening because I needed to reference it for a quick check of which was the good one: super bubble or double bubble bubble gum. But I haven't gotten to check that yet because I got detained. By laughing. I started laughing so hard at your talk about the monkey in the room and Cole's face. Then Justin came in and wouldn't let me scroll down to post my comment because he wanted to keep looking at Cole. And I was still laughing anyway. So, are you liking the haircut? Is it as you specified? Or did you rush like I did once for a 2nd attempt? That "free haircut" didn't turn out to be free. Yours looks good, though, just short. But still good. Well I'd better hurry on and reference your gumball page for now. Bye!