Sunday, July 13, 2008

Before 40 Update

I realized today that my 365 days are quickly ticking away!  I am very slowly checking items off of my “to do” list.  A few weekends ago I had my garage sale.  You woldn’t believe how empty the basement and garage are!  What a great feeling!

I have 35 books to go – that is crazy!  I just can’t find the time or attention span to read anymore.  Vacations will begin in about 3 weeks.  Maybe I can get some read by then.

I think I’ve run 3 miles.  Ahem.  What about the 5k and ½ marathon?   We got a fantastic treadmill this weekend, so maybe I can put a few more miles under my feet.

I have painted 2 bathrooms.  One looks great, the other looks horrible.  It looks so bad, I think Tim is going to sand it down and repair the wall (again) and repaint while I am in Texas.  But I still get to cross out # 8!

Brooks and I played Guitar Hero about a month ago.  He is better than I am, but I refuse to start on easy.  I have to say, my musical abilities are still with me and I was playin’ some tunes that didn’t sound too bad.  “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” is by far my best song.  Check off #38!

Since I had the garage sale, the basement is fairly clean.  It really needs to be vacuumed, but it is hard to convince oneself to clean a concrete floor.  Good-bye #29.

I almost wrote #28 into the record books last weekend, but my friends wouldn’t go for it.  I think I need more adventurous friends, don’t you? 

I LOVE BodyJam – it is lots of fun.  Takes me back to Spartanaire days.  I don’t think I will be a regular, though, till school is back in session.

The gym discontinued our Belly Dancing classes.  BUT, a friend from our baseball team is a Real Live Belly Dancer, costumes and all!  I am going to get her to give me a private lesson.  You never know, maybe I will join her troupe and travel around East Tennessee shaking my mid-section.  I’ll let you know on that one.

I guess I’d better get to stretching.  Who knows how long it will be before I get into the splits again… maybe that could go along with Belly Dancing.

I did memorize the credit card and boy is it easy to shop on-line, now.  I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

I still have lots to go.  Stay tuned, I’ll keep y’all abreast of my latest accomplishments.

As of today, there are exactly 243 days left for me to finish my goals and then, we must have a PARTY, don’t you think????

No comments: