Thursday, May 1, 2008

Viral Interpretations

We had a rather sickly winter this year. All four kids missed school at least one day for some sort of virus. Cole has been the grand prize winner - 3 stomach viruses and one stubborn fever. I was beginning to think that I needed to have a deep cleaning of our house in order to clear the house of our germs. Thankfully, with the warmer weather, things are looking up. I haven't had a kid home sick in 2 entire weeks. But when they are sick and mention a sore throat, I will no doubt load them up in the car and take them to their daddy's office for a quick, gagging swab. They hate it. I feel sorry for them. But I want to catch it early if they have the dreaded Strep Throat!


Reed brought home a small journal entry today. He will kill me for this, but I can't resist. I think it is great - and it explains his impression of an illness he's never had...



Now I know why he fears Strep Throat! Evidently it leads to death in dogs.

Amber actually died due to a stroke, but Reed's little mind conjured up another diagnosis.


post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's "alarious" as Cole would say. You can assure Reed (et al) that Aunt Michelle is still around and had strep throat more times than anyone growing up, and persistently until she finally got her tonsils out at age 17. I have lots of compassion for sore throats!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when you have strep throat you feel like you will die, but fortunately we have great medicines and you get well quickly as soon as the problem is diagnosed. However, not all mothers have such a great place to take their children and dogs for a quick swab. Sassafras will never have to worry about dying of strep throat. Too bad we don't have such an easy way to prevent a stroke.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of both Amber and Sassy! What a great story. Wish I could read what he is saying to them!!!