Monday, May 5, 2008

14 Hands

One of my friends, who also happens to be an up and coming wine connoisseur, gave me the low down on this great wine - 14 Hands.  Unfortunately, when recommending it to others, I got a little mixed up and referred them to 14 Husbands.  It really isn't surprising that I would make such an error.  I can hardly remember my own name these days - it's May and WE ARE BUSY.


I'm sure you have noticed that my daily blogs have taken a backseat to everything else in life.  Such is the difference in January and May.  January brings the type of weather that allows for sitting by the fire and conjuring up topics on which I can expound.  May, on the other hand, shoves our schedule into high gear and there is hardly time to sit on the toilet.  

I was thinking about it today and I think I could really use 14 hands.  No thank you on the 14 husbands - I already have enough mouths to feed.  But 14 hands?  or 7 of me.  I could do well with one brain on 7 bodies to coordinate all of the activities of these 4 kids.  We would need 7 cars and that would require enough shoes for 14 feet - and that would be expensive on my very narrow feet.  But 14 hands could get those 8 little feet where they need to go - and we wouldn't have to settle for missing anything.

But, since there is just 1 of me and 1 husband (who works a lot), I will settle for doing the best that I can until the lazy mornings of  June come around to take the craziness out of life.  Hang with me, I'll post when I can - probably late at night when the house is silent as I try to organize my thoughts of exactly how I will manage tomorrow.

Here's my countdown:
19 days of school left
21 baseball games
12 baseball practices
12 soccer games & practices
8 Sound Company practices
4 Sound Company shows
5 piano lessons
3 doctor appointments
2 trips out of town
3 field trips
6 scout meetings
525,600 white socks to match
at least 20 loads of laundry
80 lunches to pack
I don't even want to think of the dinners.

1 more hour till I'm going to bed.

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your countdown you forgot
9 days 3 hours until 4 more hands arrive to help those 8 little feet get where they need to be. Looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

You may have noticed I've not even sat to check your blog (which I always enjoy). I think it's been a week or two and it just occurred to me this weekend how long it'd been since I'd checked. Things are not quite so intense here, but the May intensity is definitely worse than in the previous months and it's getting to me too!!