Saturday, August 8, 2009

5 Days

I just have to report on the latest happening of my life. I have lived 5 entire days without drinking Diet Coke! I set it as a goal on Day 2 of Boot Camp - and am shocked that I haven't really craved it - well... until Tim offered me one this morning. He knew the goal was through the end of the week (which I had already confirmed the ending date was Friday). It's the carbonation that I crave and I'm pretty happy to be off the aspartame. LaCroix Lemon is my new drink of choice. Thank goodness for Central Market! It's just 5 minutes away and they carry LaCroix in every flavor.


Yippee!

I'll have to tell you more about Boot Camp, the endless summer days, and my new life. I am trying to get back into a regular pattern - but it's hard when life is full of chaos - and lots of new places to explore!

We have 16 days till school starts and it can't come soon enough. The kids are ready to make new friends and I am ready to have a few hours of time to think! and do laundry. and paint. and organize all closets. and plan meals. and take naps. and relax in the pool. and go to the grocery store. and play a bit of tennis. and make a few new friends of my own. and play more tennis. This week we need to go shopping for new shorts. I heard tonight that we'll be wearing them through November.

That's ok... I am officially EMBRACING THE HEAT! I think that's my new motto.



post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm laughing....i'm trying to gear myself up for a 6 weeks of no sugar or flour and getting back into running and I'm debating whether or not to eliminate dc which has crept back into my life in the chaos of CCC Arts Week....I needed a dc just to get thru Jr church today....my own church offers the 25-cent-calorie-free-instant-refreshment....do i have to give it up?
Nancy