Thursday, January 31, 2008

Family Favorite Recipes

Our family has many favorite recipes which I have made over the years.  I am going to add one a week to my blog in order to have them on the computer.  I might as well put them here, and in the future, when a friend wants a copy, all you will have to do is visit the woman has been known to have (at least) 13 pair of patterned pants in her closet.


Here is our #1 requested recipe:

Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. miniature chocolate chips
1 egg, well-beaten
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. oil

Topping:  3 T. sugar & 2 T. brown sugar

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Line with paper cups or grease bottom only of 12 muffin cups.  In medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 c. sugar, baking powder, salt & chocolate chips.  Stir in egg, milk, and oil, just until dry ingredients are moist.  Batter will be lumpy.  Spoon batter into muffin cups - 2/3 full.  Combine topping mix and sprinkle over muffins.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy. I like this nickname comment thing. But will you approve my comments??? We'll see. I don't think I saw this entry last night; was it here???? If so, how could I have missed it??

Well these are a favorite at our house too. I noticed though that you wrote 1/2 c. oil and my recipe says 1/3 c. oil. Maybe that's why mine are always SO crumbly and therefore all over the floor. I've tried them though w/ 1/4 c. whole wheat flour and 1-3/4 c. all-purp. flour and then they're less crumbly. (That's w/ 1/3 c. oil.) Next time I was going to try w/ 1/2c. ww flour (& 1-1/2 c. a.p. flour). I'll add more comments if I make more discoveries.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, Andrea--I never knew you were such a good writer!

I am glad to have an official version of the famous Hollis chocolate chip muffin recipe in case I ever lose my handwritten card.

I fell in love with these muffins in high school and they are still one of my favorite treats. I treat myself to batch at least a couple times a year.

Christy Younger said...

Hey, love the recipe idea! Thanks for letting me buff up with you and Nancy today :)