Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday

You don’t know me too well, yet, but if there is one thing I don’t get excited about, it is museums. I wasn’t too sure what to expect for our first full day in Chicago - I knew we would be spending quite a bit of time at various museums - BORING. However, our first visit of the day turned out to be fun.. We went to the Museum of Science and Technology and saw the Star Wars exhibit, as well as the U-Boat exhibit. Both were quite educational and interactive. Now, that is my kind of thing. We also went through the coal mining exhibit which was interesting for our family. We live within 2 miles of a coal burning steam plant, so we could understand how coal is transformed into power.

We went back into town to Bennigan’s for lunch. It’s been years since I have had the chance to have a Monte Cristo sandwich. It was as yummy as I remembered.... MH and I split one. I can’t believe I used to eat the whole thing all by myself! After lunch we went to see "Sue" at the Field Museum. Amazing. Amazing to see real bones - not reproductions of a dinosaur. Amazing to see a dinosaur discovered in South Dakota. Amazing to realize that 90% of the skeleton is intact. Just amazing. The rest of the museum? Let’s just say - now I remember why I am not a museum person. We’ll leave it at that. BUT Sue was amazing.

After a swim in the Embassy Suites pool, we had dinner in the room. We treated ourselves to a bit of Indian food from a nearby restaurant. It was just what we needed after a long day at the museum. A cool front blew in this afternoon and brought some rain. It was a great excuse to stay in and swim and have some plain family fun.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was funny to listen to your account of the trip verses #4 telling about it in Sunday school. #4 left out the museums and food and focused soley on hotels and pools. When questioned about it, he did remember "Wicked" as being cool.
Nancy