Sunday, October 21, 2007

In God We Trust

We are off on our surprise vacation to Chicago. School is out for a week for Fall Break, so MH and I decided to show our 4 one of our favorite cities. We first went to Chicago in 1993 when I had a seminar for work to give me a full background on the EEOC and their new Affirmative Action Laws. It was informative, but MH definitely got the best end of the deal. He spent the days in museums while I sat in a dark room and attempted to stay awake. While we were there, we experienced the restaurants via the Taste of Chicago festival. It was fabulous. I found my favorite popcorn... Garrett’s. It cannot be missed. Ever. It is one of our first stops.

Anyway, we revealed our destination on Friday night to 4 very excited children. A surprise is always risky - we didn’t want any disappointment. Last year we were at Disney, so I felt pretty good about this year’s trip.

We spent our first night in Indianapolis at the Embassy Suites in the middle of downtown. It was fairly loud in the lobby until 11:30, but the morning was quiet. We had dinner at Johhny Rockets and breakfast was free in the lobby. We saw the RCA Dome where our favorite football player is featured on a regular basis (Peyton Manning).

So now we are off toward Chicago where CH and I have a 4:00 date at the American Girl Theater. But, I have to comment... Indiana has these great license plates that are Colt blue with a flag at the bottom and large white letters that say "IN GOD WE TRUST". How cool is that? I’ll have to google the facts to see if the plate is the official plate, or if it is one that you can pay annually. I’ll update you once I get hooked to the hotel’s server.


Here are CH and I outside in Chicago.  I know, her eyes are closed.  I have to figure out how to rotate my pics...

Update:  They began using these plates 1/1/07.  Here is more info! http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=19174

No comments: