Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Doing the Math



This is a big year for us.  Well, I guess you could consider Tim's big year as 2008, if we focus on the year he turned 40.  It hasn't been long, though.  Today he is 40 years, 1 month, and 3 days.  Our kids like to count their ages down to the minute - especially Reed, our numbers boy.


January, February, and the first 12 days of March are my favorites.  These are the few days when I am noticeably younger than my husband.  I tend to rub it in as his days continue to add up.  However, as we get closer to my birthday, my gloating subsides and I prepare myself for age equality.  Yes, my 40th is looming and my list is not yet finished.  I still have quite a lot of running to do.  I am not optimistic that all will be completed.  I am optimistic; however, that I will hit the big 40 very soon - God willing!

The other day Cole was eating lunch while I was cleaning the kitchen.  He was rambling on and on about various topics and I was polishing the cabinets (I don't usually clean this diligently, but I am about to put the house on the market).  Somehow his conversation topic turned to math and he wanted me to listen to his addition facts!  He had come to the realization that all 6 of us are really 40.  Cole added all of the kids' ages and came up with an amazing fact.  Add Caroline's 12 years to Brooks' 11 years, plus Reed's 10 years and Cole's 7 - guess what!?!  They are 40!  and so is Tim. He was lumping me in to the "40" crowd....


Ha ha ha!!!  I'm not 40 yet!  I still have 45 days.  I'd better head to the gym.  I promised 40 miles this year and I think I've only run 5.  Yikes!  Surely I can check this off before I do hit the grand old age of my husband!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

45 days! Wow your fam is a number crazy group! So what are we doing for the big day?!?! No I not going to run with you unless it involves a mall!