Friday, August 29, 2008

Deja' Vu

I don’t know how many of you  know this, but Tim and I are headed to Puerto Rico today on  a 9 day vacation.   We will be in PR for 1-1/2 days and then we will go on a cruise for 7 days.  I have to admit, I have been looking forward to this trip all of my life.  

Last night, as Tim was going to bed, he mentioned that he had a sore throat, and I nearly fell out of bed.  I had already packed the medicine (motion meds plus stomach b/c that’s most important) and he was telling me that he had a sore throat.  Well, that’s groovy. The second vacation we’ve taken in our life, and both consisted of a sore throat.  Lawdy mercy.   What are we doing wrong???

I had to laugh on the airplane trip to Puerto Rico.  After boarding the plane, we were offered Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.  We do really like it, and we wouldn’t necessarily indulge, but it has been almost17 years since I’ve eaten it (you do know I’m partial to Blue Bell, right??)!  Yes, 17 years.   Since our honeymoon.  You see, I woke up in the middle of the night on night 1 of our honeymoon – and I had a very bad sore throat.  It was heart-breaking.  I mean, who on earth gets sick on her honeymoon??  I mean, other than me, that is.  Yes I was sick from day one through day 4, when I began to feel better.  Right after that, Tim felt ill.  He got the same cold.  Imagine that.    His only comment that I remember, “I didn’t know you felt that bad!  

 

One night, between the two of us, we ate 2 pints of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.  Not because we needed a diversion, but because ice cream was the only dinner we could imagine on our very sore throats!  It is a fun memory, absolutely a blast, but we were feeling pretty darn bad.  Who gets sick on their honeymoon?  I ask????  I guess the same people who get sick on their first carefree vacation in 17 years???  That would be us.  Fortunately, Tim is feeling much better, and we are headed to  Barbados tonight for some time in the sun and in the Caribbean Sea.

 

Bon Voyage!


post signature

No comments: